RRI Tool: Sustainability Method Selection Tool
The Sustainability method selection tool helps you realise your sustainability goals by: Making you determine the sustainable issues you want to tackle – helping you focus. Finding a suitable method to assess how your innovation is doing or will do on the sustainability issue(s) of your choice. The assessment(s) can be used to make the innovation and it’s production process more sustainable.
When to Use This Tool
When you would:
- Like to explore sustainability issues of interest to your innovation.
- Want to assess your current or future achievements.
How to Use This Tool
- Small : selection of assessment tool
- Small/Large: application of tool — depending on the tool and the availability of data
Experise level required when you do it yourself:
- Expert level
- Facilitator can be needed to guide you through the whole process of self-assessment
- Consultant can advise and help you with the implementation
Awareness of the array of sustainability issues that might be connected to your innovation.
Insight in how your organisation and the innovation is doing currently (snapshot) or in the future (prospective) on the sustainability issues of your interest.
This enables you to decide on what sustainability aspects to focus and improve your innovation and it’s production process on these sustainability aspects.