Responsible Research and Innovation in Industry: From pilots to a new standard
The PRISMA-project developed a practical guideline and contributed to a new standard for companies aiming at developing a strategy for Responsible Research and Innovation(RRI).
- Pilots with 8 different companies in the field of automated cars, internet technology, drones, biotechnology, synthetic biology, and nanotechnology
- End extensive consultations with industry and standard organizations.
This resulted in a Roadmap for RRI. This roadmap is now under review by CEN: See: https://www.cen.eu/news/workshops/Pages/WS-2019-010.aspx.
This RRI-Roadmap methodology is closely aligned with existing standards and policies on risk and innovation management, and corporate social responsibility (CSR), such as the standards ISO 26000, ISO 9001, ISO 31000, ISO 56000. In addition, the project developed a list of potential KPI’s.
As part of the project also a training course (MOOC) are available.
- April 21, 2021: Final workshop with CEN.
- PRISMA-results are presented within the framework of various EU-projects (SocKETs, R-RING Fit4RRI, TechEthos, GoNano Winter School), as well as part of working groups ( Responsible Research and Innovation in Italy; OECD workshop).
- New research article: Responsible research and innovation in practice an exploratory assessment of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in a Nanomedicine Project
- You can now download our new (open access) bookof Responsible Innovation/
- Over 2,000 learners joined our MOOC Building Tomorrow’s Responsible Firms
- PRISMA was one of the best practices during the 2020 University-Industry Interaction Conference. See this paper.
- PRISMA contribution wins Best Responsible Innovation Case at ETHAC triple helix conference 2019