Links to Relevant Sites
The RRI Observatory
EU projects on RRI in Industry/SME’s
- RESPONSIBLE-INDUSTRY– The project explores how private corporations can conduct their research and innovation activities responsibly.
- COMPASS– The project aims to support Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in three emerging technology industries to manage their research, development and innovation activities in a responsible and inclusive manner.
- KARIM (http://www.karimnetwork.com/)
KARIM is the Knowledge Acceleration and Responsible Innovation Meta-network, a European project that aimed to develop transnational connections between universities, innovation-support agencies and SMEs, with a focus on responsible innovation
EU funded RRI process oriented projects: communication/research/governance/awareness
- RRI-ICT Forum – The project aims at analysing, supporting and promoting the contribution of Social Sciences and Humanities to, and the Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) approach in ICT research and innovation under H2020.
- RESPONSIBILITY (http://responsibility-rri.eu/)
The goal of the Responsibility project is to develop a virtual observatory for enhancing the interaction among research outcomes and policy making, incorporating the full potential of scientific achievements in the policy development and implementation.
- RRI-tools http://www.rri-tools.eu/
This project develops a toolkit for RRI
- ENRRICH (http://www.livingknowledge.org/projects/enrrich/)
The Enhancing Responsible Research and Innovation through Curricula in Higher Education (EnRRICH) project will improve the capacity of students and staff in higher education to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes to support the embedding of Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) in curricula by responding to the research needs of society as expressed by civil society organisations (CSOs)
- HEIRRI– The aim of the HEIRRI project (Higher Education Institutions and Responsible Research and Innovation) is to start the integration of RRI within the formal and informal education of future scientists, engineers and other professionals involved in the R+D+i process.
- IRRESISTIBLE– Design activities that foster the involvement of students and the public in the process of RRI. The consortium aims to raise awareness on RRI by increasing pupils’ content knowledge about research.
- ENGAGE2020 (http://engage2020.eu/)
The goal of Engage2020 is to increase the use of engagement methods and policies by mapping what is practiced and spreading awareness of the opportunities amongst researchers, policymakers and other interested parties.
The GREAT project aims to develop an empirically based and theoretically sound model of the role of responsible research and innovation governance and investigate the characteristics of responsible practices.
The PERARES project aims to strengthen public engagement in research by involving researchers and Civil Society Organisations in the formulation of research agendas and the research process.
The ProGReSS project aims to advocate a European normative model for RRI globally, using constitutional values as a driver to inform societal desirability.
- CONSIDER– The project dealt with the the participation of civil society organisations in the governance of research.
- MoRRI– The project’s objective is to provide scientific evidence, data, analysis and policy intelligence to support directly the Directorate General for Research and Innovation’s (DG-RTD) research funding activities and policy-making activities in relation with RRI.
- Ark of Inquiry– The project aims to foster RRI by teaching pupils core inquiry skills needed to evaluate the credibility and consequences of scientific research and by offering opportunities for pupils to engage with different societal actors involved in the research and innovation process.
- FoTRRIS– The project aims to foster a transition of the existing Research & Innovation system to a Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) system.
- NUCLEUS– The project aims to develop a new understanding of communication, learning and engagement in universities and scientific institutions.
- PROSO– The project has the objective to provide guidance on how to encourage engagement of citizens and third sector organizations, such as non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
and civil society organizations (CSOs), in Europe’s research and innovation processes.
- TRUST– The project aims to foster adherence to high ethical standards in research globally and to counteract the practice of “Ethics dumping” or the application of double standards in research.
Other related domain-specific projects
- https://canvas-project.eu/canvas/. The CANVAS Consortium – Constructing an Alliance for Value-driven Cybersecurity – aims to unify technology developers with legal and ethical scholar and social scientists to approach the challenge how cybersecurity can be aligned with European values and fundamental rights.
- NanoDiode– The project establishes a coordinated programme for outreach and dialogue throughout Europe with the aim to support the effective governance of
- NERRI– Project which aims to contribute to the introduction of RRI in neuro-enhancement (NE) in the European Area. The project will involve different stakeholders and will promote a broad societal dialogue about neuro-enhancement.
The ResAGorA project aims at doing extensive research about existing RRI governance across different scientific and technological areas, continuous monitoring of RRI trends and developments in selected countries, and constructive negotiations and deliberation between key stakeholders.
- SMART-map– The project will define and implement concrete roadmaps for the responsible development of technologies and services in three key time-changing fields: precision medicine, synthetic biology and 3D printing in biomedicine. SMART-map draws explicitly on the work of Res-AGorA.
- SYNENERGENE– Mobilization and mutual learning action plan (MMLAP) for RRI in synthetic biology. The goal is to establish an open dialogue between stakeholders concerning synbio’s potential benefits and risks, and to explore possibilities for its collaborative shaping on the basis of public participation.
- PIER– (Public involvement with an Exhibition on Responsible research and innovation) is a RRI project dedicated to European research on the Sea.
- SPARKS– The project has the objective to familiarize and engage European citizens with the concept and practice of Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) through the topic of technology shifts in health and medicine.