RRI Tool: Stakeholder Maps
The Stakeholder Map will help you visualize the stakeholders involved in your innovation process, organising them in terms of their level of active participation and their strategic importance. Stakeholders can play all sorts of roles during your innovation processes. From providing information on their needs and values to co-designing the products or even co-managing your innovation trajectories. To get the most benefits, use the map at various stages of the innovation process to rethink which stakeholders to engage in what way.
When to Use This Tool
When you want to analyze and (re)consider your collaboration with stakeholders.
How to Use This Tool
- By listing all the stakeholders that are either actively involved in your innovative work or are impacted by that work.
- Distinguishing between strategic and technical providers and the level of interaction.
Tool Developed By
- The mapping can take up between 0,5- 4 hours.
Expertise level required when you do it yourself
- Facilitator is needed to guide you through the whole process of self-assessment
- Overview of stakeholders and their roles.
- Collaboration with stakeholders.
This can contribute to innovations that meet values and needs of society.