RRI Tool: Licara NanoScan
Integrating risk assessment and life-cycle analysis for nanomaterials
The Licara nanoScan helps you to assess and weigh benefits and risks of nanomaterials and nanoproducts along the materials’ or products’ entire lifecycle. When developing nanomaterials or nanoproducts, balancing benefits and risks is key. This tool assesses risks for workers, public and consumers and evaluates economic, environmental and societal opportunities.
When to Use This Tool
When you want to assess risks and benefits along the lifecycle of your nanomaterial/product.
Place of application: Management, Place of application: Quality, Place of application: Research, Place of application: Safety
Tool Developed By
- Small – Large
- Depending on the modules you use and the availability of data
Expertise level required when you do it yourself:
- Expert level
- Facilitator is needed to guide you through the whole process of self-assessment
- Consultant can advise and help you with the implementation
- Comprehensive insight in the pros and cons of the nanomaterial/product.
- Identifies areas for more detailed assessments, product design improvement or application of risk mitigation measures. This will contribute to the development of safe products that meet societal needs.