RRI Tool: KARIM Assessment Matrix
The Karim assessment matrix instantly helps you gain insight in where you are with regard to the social, environmental and economical impact of your company and the way in which you have organised your processes. Apply it to your research and innovation process(es) and your strengths and the areas in which you can make progress are pointed out. This will help you to decide what you would like to improve.
When to Use This Tool
When you would like to know how you are doing on responsible innovation criteria
How to Use This Tool
Go through the following steps with preferably your team:
1. Selection of relevant topics.
2. Description of the current situation.
3. Improvements are considered.
4. Possible obstacles are identified.
5. Resources needed are pointed out.
More elaborate guidance can be found here
- 4 hours to fill in the scan.
- The subsequent actions can take considerable time depending on your ambitions
Expertise level required when you do it yourself:
- No external support needed, you can do it yourself.
A clear diagnosis on the social, environmental and economical impact of your innovation process. Provides a starting point to chose your focus for (continuing) your journey to improve the social impact of your innovation(s).