The Licara nanoScan
helps you to assess and weigh benefits and risks of nanomaterials and nanoproducts along the materials’ or products’ entire lifecycle. When developing nanomaterials or nanoproducts, balancing benefits and risks is key. This tool assesses risks for workers, public and consumers and evaluates economic, environmental and societal opportunities.
- Comprehensive insight in the pros and cons of the nanomaterial/product.
- Identifies areas for more detailed assessments, product design improvement or application of risk mitigation measures. This will contribute to the development of safe products that meet societal needs.
Experise level required when you do it yourself:
- Expert level
- Facilitator is needed to guide you through the whole process of self-assessment
- Consultant can advise and help you with the implementation
When to use
- When you want to assess risks and benefits along the lifecycle of your nanomaterial/product.
Small – Large
Depending on the modules you use and the availability of data